Last updated: June 19, 2021
We created the LambdaGeneration Community Platform to allow people to share Half-Life news and community content in a dedicated, organized and public space.
To ensure everyone has a good experience using the platform, it is important that we enforce a basic set of rules that define what is and is not allowed.
Please note that although we do our best to enforce these rules, we are not responsible for the actions and content of other users.
Do not engage in abusive, hateful or toxic behavior.
- Promoting or threatening violence towards an individual or group of people
- Attacking an individual or community based on race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or disability
- Encouraging or glorifying violence
- Promoting or encouraging suicide or self-harm
- Engaging in targeted harassment or cyberbullying
- Wishing or expressing hope that someone experiences physical harm
- Publishing private information
- Maliciously impersonating an individual or organization
- Hateful language and imagery e.g. racial slurs
Do not share or post links to explicit (NSFW) content.
- Pornographic content
- Real-life graphical violence
- Sexually suggestive content, including illustrated and digitally altered pornography
- Animal cruelty
- Avatars/profile banners containing any of the above.
Do not post repeated, irrelevant or misleading content, or abuse the site's system.
- Posting off-topic content in communities (off-topic content is only allowed in profile posts)
- Posting/reposting to the wrong communities e.g. TF2 content in Half-Life
- Posting to the wrong categories e.g. posting fan art in News
- Mass-posting the same post or very similar posts
- Posting separate copies of the same/similar posts to multiple communities instead of using reposting
- Posting nonsense/nuisance content
- Posting misleading or deceptive content
- Posting artwork and content that is not your own without proper credit/false credit (art theft)
- Unsolicited advertisements and e-begging
- Disrupting users with unwanted content e.g. tagging or messaging others without good reason
- Abusing our system and algorithms to amplify or suppress content e.g. creating fake user accounts to artificially boost content
- Creating new accounts (including with alternate names) after being suspended
Do not use the LambdaGeneration Community Platform to promote, encourage or engage in illegal activity.
- Child sexual exploitation
- Involuntary pornography and sexual abuse
- Terrorism and violent extremism
- Criminal activity and organized crime
- Selling, buying or facilitating transactions in illegal or regulated goods or services
- Computer misuse and cyber crime e.g. spreading malware
- Scams and fraudulent activity
- Distributing or sharing links to pirated content
If you encounter activity that violates these guidelines, you can report it to us.
Consequences for breaking these rules vary depending on the rule and severity of each rule broken.
Enforcement may include, but is not limited to:
- Issuing warnings
- Deleting content
- Temporarily or permanently suspending user accounts
- Deleting user accounts
If your account has been suspended you may not rejoin the platform (including with an alternate identity). Attempting to do so will result in a permanent ban from the site.
All enforcement actions applied by LambdaGeneration staff are final.
If you believe something was done in technical error, please contact us.